Saturday, December 05, 2020

Lovely Poodles Are Comin' Our Way!

Hi everyone! Happy International Lolita Day - Winter Edition! I hope you managed to have a nice day if you were celebrating, or just in general of course. ^^

For a while, I wasn't paying too much attention to Angelic Pretty's new releases. That is; if a new release passed me by on for example Instagram or Facebook I would take a look and perhaps comment on it, but it wasn't more than that. That is, until recently, when I fell in love with one of the prints that was announced in a magazine: Lovely Poodle. After that, I checked Angelic Pretty's social medias religiously every Thursday, but the print didn't show up. Until now! Last Thursday, at last this very-much-catered-to-my-interest print was announced for release! As I love it so much, I'd like to take this opportunity to talk about the print, colours and cuts of the dresses.
First we have the One Piece. I immediately fell in love with this print as I love dogs. Unfortunately, if a Lolita brand releases a dog print, most of the time it's poodles. However, I actually really love poodles! And aren't these poodles especially super cute!? I absolutely love them! ;0; ❤️ I really like how the poodles have different colors and how the color of one of the poodles is reused in the bows in the print and in the bow on the collar. Although I wouldn't necessarily think of Lovely Poodle as a winter print, the OP, with its long sleeves and closed collar, looks quite cozy for winter. It also has very visible pockets, which I adore, and a belt with a bow. Somehow this dress feels a little retro style to me and I love it!
Then we have the Jumperskirt. Here we have the same print of course and here too the color of one of the poodles is being reused in the bows on the print and in the multiple bows on the chest. Contrary to the OP, this dress actually feels rather summery to me, with its broad straps and frilly hem. It also has a belt-like look, but here it seems there's a ribbon laced through, which I absolutely adore! ❤️ Also, to my great delight, it has full shirring! Looking at Angelic Pretty's recent releases, a lot of them only have partial shirring, which is not as plus size friendly as people might think.

I haven't fallen in love with an Angelic Pretty print like this in a long time and ended up reserving the pink JSK and headbow through a shopping service the same afternoon I saw it. Waiting for the release was so frustrating, aaah! But it seems my shopping service managed to get the items for me! I can't wait to receive them! ;0;

It's been a long time since I was this enthusiastic over a Lolita brand release. I've been quite out of it, so I'm wondering: have there been any releases in 2020 that enchanted you? Did you manage to buy one or did they end up on your wishlist? Do tell me please! ^^

Thank you for reading! ~☆~

6 comments:

  1. Whilst I'm not a fan of dog prints, I do agree that this one is objectively cute. And it's the first AP release since I think February when Angelic Pretty remembered to put full back shirring on a JSK, they've not been very good at remembering more inclusive sizing, so it's good that this one has it. I think you'll look adorable in the ink JSK, hopefully you won't have to wait too long for it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, there's been, what, maybe one other series that had full shirring? That's why I was quite fearful for this series and absolutely THRILLED the JSK has full shirring! ;0;
      Thank you so much! =D

      Delete
  2. Ah this print is so cute and will look adorable on you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ah these are so cute, if I were a girl I will surely pull Lolita look, I do have few dresses from Angelic Pretty but ofc I never tried to put it on hahaha, for aesthetic only. New follower here btw, love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you enjoy my blog! ❤️
      Ah you have dresses but won't wear them?

      Delete