Thursday, December 31, 2020

2020 in Lolita Flatlay Coords

We're at the brink of leaving 2020 behind and stepping into 2021. I think it's safe to say that 2020 has been a particularly crappy year for all of us, so I'm not regretful leaving it behind. Naturally, it's not as if all problems solve itself January 1st, but with positivity on the horizon I'd like to try and stay a bit positive myself too (although it's been damn challenging lately).

I haven't looked back upon the past year since 2016 and starting to do it again now might seem a bit of an odd moment, but here's the thing. I admit I haven't worn much Lolita this year. In fact, I've only worn one actual Lolita outfit this year and it was in only in the last month, but it's still more than in 2019. XD However, thanks to my friend Emilie, I've started doing a lot more flatlay coords! So much so, that I ended up with 16 flatlay coords since starting at the beginning of May. Back then, a lot of Lolitas were doing remote twin coords on Instagram and Emilie asked me if I wanted to join her, but as I didn't feel comfortable enough to wear any dresses, she suggested we did twin flatlays. Since then, I've tried to post flatlays regularly, sometimes with delight, sometimes a little forced, but always with lovely results. I'm fairly proud of my work and decided to put them all into one post here, to prove to myself that 2020 wasn't all bad. At least, not in terms of (flatlay) Lolita outfits!

So here they are, my 16 Lolita coords of 2020!
Collab with Emilie that started it all, posted on May 6th/7th.

'Roses in summer', posted on May 11th/12th.

'Berries 'n cherries', posted on May 16th/17th.

'Birthday confetti', posted on June 10th/11th.

'Fuwa fuwa rainbow', posted on July 14th/13th.

'Dessert dots', posted on July 22nd/23rd.

'Lacrimosa in rosea', posted in July 28th/29th.

'Young Lady Lavender', posted on August 24th/25th.

'French Tea Party', posted on September 7th/8th.

'Milky-chan in the Blue Sky', posted on September 25th/26th.

'Lavender Jelly', posted on October 27th/28th.

'Marie x Lolita', posted on November 11th/12th.

'My Melody x Lolita', posted on December 8th/9th.

'Minnie Mouse x Lolita', posted on December 16th/17th.

'Shelly May x Lolita', posted on December 4th/5th.

'Romantic Roses', posted on December 28th/29th.

Looking at these outfits fills me with a sense of pride and happiness. I hope I can continue this personal trend in 2021, or even better: actually wear some of them. Happy New Year everyone!

Thank you for reading! ~☆~

6 comments:

  1. I absolutely love every coord you put together! I can't even choose a favorite~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That makes me SO HAPPY! ♡
      I have to say that I'm quite happy with them all myself as well. =D

      Delete
    2. That's supposed to be a ♥
      :P

      Delete
  2. They are all beautiful flatlays, I've been enjoying seeing them throughout the year :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for paying attention to them. ;0; ♡

      Delete
    2. That's supposed to be a ♥
      XD

      Delete