Another year has (almost) passed. Many people say: ‘Oh my God, time just flew by!’, but I’m not going to say it. So many things happened, some wonderful, some sad, some long ago and some recent. I asked myself: What positive things will I remember of 2011 in a couple of years?
I will definitely remember the fact that I graduated from high school in 2011, which was one of the best days in my life. I was waiting for the phone to ring, somewhere knowing that the chances of failing were small, but not impossible. I remember the phone rang and I screamed, I picked it up and my teacher said: ‘Congratulations, you’re graduated!’ and I could only scream again. And I cried. I cried happy tears of joy.
I will remember that in 2011, I went to Paris with my mom for the second time and what a lovely time we had. It was different from the first time in many ways, but still wonderful. Sitting together on the grass of Champs de Mars, looking at the sparkling Eiffeltower was an amazing moment I won’t forget easily.
I got my first job in 2011. What a difference from school! Suddenly completely other things mattered. I received money in return for working! I still love helping customers and I have some lovely colleagues, but I’m not going to stay there forever of course. I will enjoy it while it lasts.
I went to Tokyo with my dad in 2011. I will never forget the amazingness of this journey. I lack the words to describe the awesome things we’ve seen and done and how my dad and I came even closer to each other.
In 2011, I was able to buy Lolita dresses and accessories in actual stores. When I close my eyes, I can walk around in them again. The feeling of actually going to the places you’ve only seen on pictures is unbelievable.
I wore Lolita for the first time, on my birthday, in 2011. I had been waiting a long, long time, but I was finally able to make a dream come true. For one night, I felt like a true princess. I felt pretty and I loved it.
Last year, I made some resolutions and I would like to look back at which ones I was able to make happen! ^^
1. Lose more weight! This one only partially came true. I did lose a little weight, but not nearly as much as I had hoped. 2012 will hopefully be better at this point. ^^
2. Graduate from high school! This one definitely came true! I studied long and hard and it paid off! I was and am quite proud of myself, especially because of my high grade in French.
3. Learn to spell the word adorable properly! Got better at it, but still not flawless. XD
4. Dress in full Lolita! Well, you all know this happened! I wore my very first full Lolita outfit on my birthday and was it great! I felt like a true princess!
5. Join the National Lolita Forum! This hasn’t happened yet, but will happen soon. ^^ I already spoke to a Lolita from my country on Facebook and if the other Lolitas are only a bit as nice as her, everything will be okay. ^^
6. Go to a place I’ve never been before! Hell yes this has happened! I’ve been to Tokyo, Japan and it was a-ma-zing. I’m still not done reporting!
I think I did pretty well on my resolutions this year! ^^ I’m quite proud.
Last but not least, I also made a little list of new resolutions! I hope I’ll be able to make them all happen.
1. Lose more weight! What can I say? I just want to pass the weight I am at now and I hope to reach my second dream goal soon!
2. Wear Lolita often! I loved wearing Lolita so much, I’m addicted now! Soon I’ll receive another Dream Dress of mine (I hope): the Jewelry Jelly jumperskirt in mint. I also hope I’ll be able to buy lots more dresses, blouses and accessories!
3. Find my dream study! I actually know what and where I would like to study, but since I don’t know wether I’ll get in, I used ‘find’ instead of ‘start’. Who knows? Maybe I’ll discover something even greater than singing? I highly doubt it though…
4. Feel less insecure! I really hope I will feel better about myself in the next year. I need to realise I’m a nice girl and not the ugly, stupid person I think I am now. I want to walk around with a little more pride!
5. Go to Japan again! I feel a little bad for this resolution, since I’ve just been to Tokyo. But I’ve had such an amazing time there! This is more a wish than a resolution. ^^ A person can wish right? If I go, I want to wear Lolita there! =D I would be so wonderful…
6. Join the National Lolita Forum (and thus the Community)! Ooold one! I’ve been sweetly welcomed into the Loli-hood already, but I haven’t joined my National Community yet. Time for a change there!
7. Attend the Angelic Pretty Tea Party in Paris! This is also more of a wish than a resolution. I’ve been dreaming of this for a long time. Looking at pictures of the last three Tea Parties made my heart jump. I really hope I will be able to attend the next one, in full Lolita of course!
8. Stop biting my lips! Other people bite their nails, I bite my lips. Difference is that biting my lips hurt! And it also looks terrible. I wonder if I’ll be able to make this happen…
9. Bake/decorate more cakes and cupcakes! I’ve found a new hobby! For my birthday I made adorable cupcakes and my white cake covered in green and red marzipan stars for Christmas was a great success! I definitely want to do this more often!
10. Take more pictures! I got a beautiful photocamera for my birthday (a Canon 500D with extra zoom lens)! I would love to expand my interest in photography.
I think that’s about it! If you’d like to share your resolutions, please do! I’d love to read them. ^^
I wish you all a wonderful, amazing and happy New Year! May all your wishes come true and may 2012 bring lots of happiness! Let’s have another great year! ♥