Friday, June 22, 2018

Flatlay ♥ Military Cameo Window


♥ Military Cameo Window ♥

As I said in my previous post, instead of wearing Lolita myself I’ve been doing some flatlay coords. It started out as a way to keep my Instagram at least a bit Lolita-related, but I ended up having a lot of fun with it! I really love coordinating and since I had absolutely no restrictions whatsoever, like the weather or what looks good on my body, it was rather freeing. I’d like to fill my blog up a bit with posts, so I decided to talk a bit more detailed about the flatlays I did up until now. Today we start with my first ever flatlay, posted on January 21, 2018 with the following caption:

Unfortunately I don't feel very comfortable in my own skin right now, so I don't really feel like wearing Lolita. 🎀
However, I still really love my dresses and making nice coords with them, so I decided to start making flat lay coords! ❤️ My friend @josinemaaike, aka Queen of the Flat Lays, was kind enough to give me some tips, which is why this flat lay looks a lot like hers, haha!
For my first try I decided to go with the newest addition to my wardrobe: Cameo Window in wine. When I bought this jacket I knew I wanted to combine it with Lolita someday and to my great pleasure it suits my new dress so well! I decided to finish the outfit with some simple jewelry, a red velvet bow and gold shoes. 🌹


As you will be able to read (hopefully) soon, I bought the beautiful wine red Cameo Window jsk in Harajuku in Tokyo. I didn’t buy any other dresses during my trip, but was totally fine with that since I found this absolute stunner of a dress that made me very happy. The print has a very old-fashion and chic feeling to it and it’s so elegant and refined! The colour of the dress is quite a difficult one, so I was thrilled when I found out it matched this coat perfectly! I bought this coat in a local shop in town, making it an indirect birthday gift from my grandpa who had given me money for my birthday. Since the jacket makes the outfit into a bit of a more military style, I decided not to go overboard with accessories. A simple pearl choker with a gold crown and a red, perfectly matching Summer Tales Boutique head bow made just the right amount of decoration. The shoes bring out the gold of the accessories and I decided to go with no socks or tights, since the print is distracting enough as it is. The gold rose I honestly just put down for decoration, since I wanted to have one more gold item, so it’s really just for show, haha!

My first flatlay was quite a good one if I may say so myself. I hope to one day be able to wear it! I also like how the title is a bit of a joke, because usually military cameo is green and beige, but here it’s also the original print name! Yes, that is my kind of humour, I’m sorry.


Thank you for reading! ~☆~

No comments:

Post a Comment