Wednesday, June 29, 2011

A Few of My Favourite Things: Stars


The stars. They have always fascinated me so much. They have something really mysterious and magical. I would love to just lie down in the grass and count stars with somebody I care for, but unfortunately the sky here never looks like the picture of course.

Stars have many things about them that I like.
I like the word star. It just seems so right. A short word for something so unique.
I like the fact that famous people are called stars, or the fact that you can scream out: ‘I’m going to be a star some day!’
I like the fact that children all over the world draw stars the same way: with five points and a yellow colour.
I like the fact that everyone in my country looks up to the same sky. Maybe even the whole world does, I don’t know. The sky is so big.

I remember a chemistry lesson, about three years ago, that I actually enjoyed. Our teacher put something between two sticks and lit it on fire. The little thingy started to shine like a star, it was so incredibly beautiful. I think it was probably magnesium or something, but it was so pretty..! It was as if one of the stars came down to earth to show itself before it died forever…

I love it when Lolita brands add stars to their prints. I love Starry Night Theatre. I mean, seriously, that name! And those shooting star bags that came out with Milky Planet are to die for! I hope I’ll be able to get my hands on one of those one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment