Tuesday, January 30, 2018

I Cut My Hair!


Hey everyone!
Thank you for your kind comments on my previous posts. I wanted to reply to them but couldn't really... But thank you very much, it really touched me!
Before I finally continue with planned posts (Londen! Tokyo!), I wanted to share some news with you. Last Friday, january 26, I had my hair cut short! My long hair has been part of my identity for as long as I can remember and now suddenly it's barely reaching past my shoulders! I keep shaking my head and my hair moves around, it's so weird!
Why this change, you might wonder? A while ago a friend asked for tips on how to maintain long hair and my most important tip was 'patience', because it can become very annoying overtime. That's when I realised my hair had become a burden and I didn't really want it anymore.
In some cultures the cutting of your hair stands for the end of an important part of your life, a break with the past: to divide time between 'the old me' and 'the new me'. Up until now I have followed the path in life I set out for myself long ago and now that I have graduated I have reached a point where I have to create a new path. I felt like this needed a gesture, something symbolic. So here we are! ♥
Some people might say: 'Such a shame! What a waste!' but it's really not. I have donated my hair to charity, so that someone else will be happy with my hair, hopefully. I'm really happy with my new haircut! It feels a little strange, but I look forward to trying out new hairstyles! So, what do you think?

Thank you for reading! ~☆~

2 comments:

  1. It looks cute! Long hair is such a pain, last year I went from hip length to mid-back because I hated the maintenance..and I'm planning to probably go down to a bob cut this year. So nice that you donated you hair to charity too, that's a great thing to do. I hope you enjoy your short hair!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like it!
      I'm quite happy with it. It doesn't have as much of an impact on me as I had expected, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but I really like it!

      Delete