Monday, July 18, 2016

Animecon J-Fashion Show


For years one of the members of our Dutch Lolita community, Pamela, has organized Japanese fashion shows for big Dutch anime conventions. Unfortunately, I was never available due to school or other cicrcumstances. So, when Pamela announced she was doing another J-fashion show at Animecon, the largest annual anime festival in the Netherlands, I checked my agenda and this time I was able to go! So I volunteered and was picked to represent Sweet Lolita style. ^^
I decided to wear Fancy Paper Dolls in a pastelly outfit combined with white and I ended up really liking my outfit!
ღ Sweet Dolly Bunnies ღ
My outfit rundown:
Headbow: Baby, the Stars Shine Bright
Blouse: H&M
JSK: Angelic Pretty’s Fancy Paper Dolls
Socks: Angelic Pretty
Shoes: An*Tai*Na
Hair clips: Chocomint and Swimmer
Necklace: Dolly House
Bracelets: 6% Dokidoki, Paris Kid’s, Swimmer and offbrand
Ring: Dolly House

One of the other models ended up wearing Fancy Paper Dolls too actually! I wasn’t really sure whether that would be nice, but since she had it in a different colourway, different cut and was representing a different style than me it was actually quite cool after all. ^^
I took the train to The Hague on my own. Ah actually, I wasn’t alone at all, for I had my cute new Loppy with me! It’s just so soft and snuggly and adorable! I love it so much~! ♥
Just chilling with my Loppy in the train. 8D

I was supposed to meet my friend Iris at The Hague central station, but unfortunately she had to take a detour thanks to train problems. So I arrived on my own and despite having looked up which tram to take I decided to follow some cosplayers. Worst idea ever! Turns out they took the wrong tram and we ended up at the beach! It also started to rain, so I put on the extra dress I had brought over my Lolita dress. The cosplayers in question thought it was hilarious, but all I could see were hyperactive and annoying teenagers. ^^’ Oh well, I should have used my own brains.
Taking the (wrong) tram.

After taking a bus I finally arrived at the World Forum and went to find the right line to show my ticket and ask whether I could take my bag with petticoat etc inside with me (which was okay). I had never been to the World Forum or Animecon and it had been quite a while since my last convention. I was a little tired, so all the people and the noise were quite overwhelming. Luckily, I soon found some of the other girls participating in the fashion show and joined them.
Soon we were joined by more girl and allowed into the room. I was surprised by the size of the room and stage! It looked very nice.
I can’t really say much about the rehearsal of the fashion show itself I’m afraid. We practised. Then it was time for the show and we showed off our outfits, haha! XD The show was built around a story: one girl played ‘the dream model’, the girl who was dreaming about different worlds and our outfits portrayed those different worlds.
Some scenes of the J-fashion show.

After the show, we all sat down on the edge of the stage and the audience got to ask questions if they wanted to. There were actually quite a lot of people! I was pleasantly surprised. After the Q&A, the lights went on and we took some group pictures. ^^
The J-fashion show group. ♥

Since there were several little groups of styles, we also took a Lolitas only group picture! We were with quite a lot and many styles were represented. ^^
The Lolitas of the J-fashion show group. ^^

After the fashion show a small group of us decided to check out the dealer room together. I wasn’t particularly interested in anything other than one stall: Dolly House! Dolly House makes adorable jewelry and when I saw the owner posting on her Instagram about being at Animecon I freaked out! I had to go to their stall!
A small group of us went to the dealer room. Some had to hand in their bags so we waited for a bit and then we joined some other friends to browse for a bit. We soon found the Dolly House stall (which wasn’t hard to find since it stands out a lot with all the colours) and I happily browsed the adorable goods!
The amazing goods at the Dolly House stall.

There were so many cute items, I just didn’t know where to look! Luckily, I have learned how to separate the items you really want from the ones you think you want. 8D Colourful stalls can almost literally hypnotize you, so taking the item in your hand and holding it up to the ceiling where there is no pastel rainbow to distract you makes you focus on the item
itself. ^^ But I still ended up with several items, haha!
The Dolly House owner was absolutely adorable by the way!
The adorable owner of Dolly House. ♥

That is actually all I have left to talk about. The dealer room was nice and I went back a second time to the Dolly House stall and bought some more things. I even got a free bear ring, so sweet! I also took some pictures with Anna at a photobooth. After that, I went home. It had been a nice day, but very hot and very crowded. It was a bit too much for me in the end. But enjoyable nonetheless. ^^
Purchases of the day

Thank you for reading! ~☆

8 comments:

  1. Your outfit was so cute, and that Loppy bag *O*
    Oh I would also buy tons of stuff from Dolly House, haha I also get distracted at such cute stalls but I learned to only buy items I could use for outfits I already own ^^'''

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you like it! =D
      The bag is just too cute huh? ;0;

      That is a very good approach! =D

      Delete
  2. It looks like you had an amazing time despite the issues you had to travel there! You look adorable in sweet Lolita!

    Lizzie Bee // mysticthorn.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did, thank you! ^^
      Whoa thank you very much! ♥

      Delete
  3. It's great that you had fun despite a rough start and feeling a bit overwhelmed. You put together a really great coord, it looked fantastic, an epitome of Sweet Lolita. And OMG, I love Dolly House's stuff so much, I wish I could buy it in person. You should totally make a post about making smart purchases/how to separate items you really want from those you think you do, this is a skill every Lolita can do with practising more. :P



    http://cupcakes-and-unicorns.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe I will make a post then! =D I could save poor Lolitas from making "wrong" decisions. 8D

      Delete
  4. Yay! <3 I'm so happy you could attend this time! ^_^
    Very nice that everything turned out well and I think you looked super adorable! The outfit is really cute and represents sweet lolita very well. And oh, those shoppings are so cute, such a fantastic thing to meet the owner of Dolly House and do some shopping! :D

    ~ Frillycakes ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad you like my outfit! =D
      Dolly House's owner AND items are just too cute! ♥

      Delete