Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Lolita at a Convention and Fashion Show

Last week, on Sunday the 10th of February, I went to an animeconvention with my friend Tiana. We both share a love for anime and manga and we’ve been to conventions together before, but that was quite a long time ago already.
I got asked by Katie, owner and creator of the Lolita brand Fly Away Fashion, if I wanted to participate in the fashion show she was organising for Tsunacon. Of course I said yes and while plans were being made, I asked Tiana if she wanted to come too! ^^
On February 3rd all the Lolitas had their ‘clothes fitting afternoon’ and on the 10th Tiana and I made our way through the snow to Rotterdam, the city I also happen to be studying. We somehow found the location quite fast and spent a long time standing in line in the freezing cold before we got inside. After some trouble with the tickets we were officially welcome to the convention and I got dressed into Lolita in a toilet (I am so never doing that again)!
We spent a fun day looking around and buying things. Tiana added some new manga series to her collection and I managed to keep my spending down to two mangas, a cute necklace and two cute sticker sheets. After we explored the building, Tiana took some pictures of me in my Milky-chan outfit.
✿ Pearly Milky-chan ✿
My outfit rundown:
Headbow: Angelic Pretty
Cardigan: Angelic Pretty
Jsk: Angelic Pretty’s Milky-chan of the Fawn
Accessories: Angelic Pretty, Claire’s, Fly Away Fashion, offbrand
Bag: H&M
Socks: Angelic Pretty
Shoes: An*Tai*Na
I had wanted to wear my Milky-chan again for some time and after coming up with a nice pink and white coord, I decided to wear it to this convention! I combined my outfit with a few pink and white accessories and pearls around my neck and in my hair. I really love buns in Lolita, especially combined with a head bow and I loved the way it looked on me. I hope I can do this more often! ♥

The day slowly passed and it was finally time to go to the stage and put on our fashion show outfits. We also practised our routines twice, to get used to the length of the music and get comfortable with the stage.
Every model portrayed a Lolita style and mine was Bitter Sweet. I got to wear a split wig! I was really hoping I would wear a split wig and I was right! I was so happy! The dress I wore had a black bodice and a sweet strawberry print on the skirt.
It was time to open the doors and all the models hid behind curtains. Then the show started! I waited for the model before to walk in my direction and then my music started (Kesenai Tsumi from Fullmetal Alchemist ♥). I walked together with Alexandra, who wore a skirt with the same print as mine. It was quite nice to be on stage together with another person. It gave me a bit more confidence.
Every model did wonderful and after the last model had left the stage we did all entered the stage one more time to make the final bow! ^^ Here are some pictures from the show:
After the show we took a group picture (plus a silly group picture) and then it was time to go. It had been a great, tiring but fun day! ♥

8 comments:

  1. When I see coords like this it makes me wish I still dressed in Lolita! I love the necklace, it's a beautiful and unique touch.

    Lexi
    rhinestonereligion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thank you! You flatter me! Did you stop dressing in Lolita for a particular reason?
      Thank you so much! ^^

      Delete
  2. i love your outfit! you are adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very lovely outfit! I went to a local anime convention recently too, they're so much fun, I always love the happy atmosphere.
    I love how you did your hair with the buns! I wish I could do my hair like that but I think it is too thin :(

    ReplyDelete