Friday, October 29, 2010

Amigurumi: Crocheted Stuffed Stuff


Taken from About Foood

Yesterday (and today) my friend and I had a sleepover at my place. Instead of pillowfights, snacking and talking until we fell asleep, we... knitted.

Ok, we didn't really knit, we did amigurumi. Amigurumi is the Japanese art of crocheting stuffed animals. The word is a combination of 'ami', which means crocheted or knitted and 'nuigurumi', which means stuffed doll (all according to Wikipedia, your best friend). It's a very popular form of art and it is ridiculously addicting. Am I not the kind of person that easily gets everything immediately, but even I understood pretty fast how it works. And it's really fun to do!

Because this crafty Japanese thing is on the rise, you can find patterns everywhere on the internet, from animals indeed, but also cupcakes, dolls and even chesspieces!
I am working on a pink chick right now and it's a very promising little project! ^^
My friend made me a cupcake last time and is working on a huge rabbit now! I can't wait to see it finished!
The cupcake my friend made me


5 comments:

  1. The cupcake you made is so cute! I really wish I could knit! I would love to be able to make something cute like this.

    The picture of the cake rings is amazing! I want to wear all of those!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's really easy! YouTube has a lot of tutorials! All you need is patience (and materials XD).

    Me too! They're so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cupcake is so adorable! A friend taught me to knit in high school but just yesterday I taught myself how to crochet- I can't wait to try cute things like this, once I get a little better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure you will! It's so fun and quite easy to do! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful http://coccinellecreative.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete