Saturday, August 01, 2020

Why I Never Wrote About Tokyo 2017


For those of you who pay real close attention to the things I write, you know I went to Tokyo, Japan back in 2017, but after mentioning it in this post, I never wrote anything about it. It's not exactly a rarity for me to be late on travel posts (I just finished my Paris 2018 series, ahem), but even for me, this is quite late. So what happened? Why did I never write anything about it?

The simple answer is: I got sick there.

I don't really want to go into too much detail, first of all because I am not obliged to tell you of course, but also because thinking back on those days, even now, three years later, is hard and scary and can send me into a spiral of anxiety. All I can say is that I went to Japan very shortly after my final exam and that all the release of stress was probably too much for me. Among other things, I ended up not being able to sleep for several nights and it was a very scary and traumatizing experience, causing me to eventually go see a doctor in Tokyo. Luckily, he was able to help me in the end, which I am grateful for until this day.
Even though it was still a very nice trip, I still haven't been able to write about it much and I'm not sure I ever will. If I do, the only way I will ever post about it here on my blog is when I have finished all blogposts of every single travel day, as to not pressure myself into forcibly continuing to write. I guess that's what we may call self care.

So there you have it, an explanation nobody asked for, but one I still wanted to give. ♥


Thank you for reading! ~☆~

2 comments:

  1. Dear Rosa,

    I'm very sorry to hear that you got sick in Tokyo 2017 and I totally understand that you don't want to post about that. Vacation after a stressful time can often lead to getting sick. Me and my husband got a bad stomach inflammation when we were in Japan in 2018 so I can feel you a bit. I hope you could enjoy the trip nevertheless. I really enjoyed your videos from the trip :-) Have a lovely week.

    Greetings from Hamburg,

    Mira

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Mira,

      thank you very much for your comment! I am so sorry to hear that you got sick as well. I ended up still enjoying the trip, I hope you did too!

      Delete