Monday, July 15, 2019

Angelic Pretty Tea Party 2019 Outfit


*gasp* An actual blogpost!? That’s right! I felt the need to write a post, so here we are! I hope you enjoy it. ^^
Last week, on July 7th, the Angelic Pretty Tea Party in Paris took place. I have attended the Angelic Pretty Tea Party every year since 2012, which means I have attended seven Tea Parties in total! Here are the links to my reports of 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017 (I haven’t written about 2018 yet) if you’re curious!
Unfortunately, this year I wasn’t able to attend, for several reasons. You can imagine I was a bit sad about it, but of course it’s not the end of the world!
Nevertheless, I decided to come up with an outfit that I would have liked to wear, regardless of insecurities or body issues. This year’s Tea Party was held at an actual castle! So what would I wear to a really beautiful French castle? My mind was easily made up: I would wear Milky Swan! ♥
♥ Swan Princess ♥
My outfit rundown:
Headband: Forever 21
Blouse: offbrand
JSK: Angelic Pretty’s Milky Swan
Shoes: Irregular Choice
Feather headpiece: handmade
Earrings: offbrand
Necklace: offbrand
Wing clip: Claire’s
Veil: offbrand
Bag: Primark

So this is the outfit I came up with! I created an outfit based on the fairytale of the Swan Princess. I chose a colour scheme of mint-blue, white and iridescent, while trying to incorporate some swan-like touches as well.
I went with a white, flowy blouse that folds over the straps of the dress. I think this gives a very romantic feeling and it also reminds me a bit of wings, which suits the swan theme very nicely. Because the wings are sewn to the middle of the blouse, I tucked the middle behind the dress’ bow, because I didn’t want to hide it. I think it looks really cute like this too!
For shoes I chose my drop-dead-gorgeous Irregular Choice shoes, which are iridescent, decorated with white, glittery bows. They shimmer in the light when you walk and they’re just so princess-like! For a bag I chose this adorable swan bag because of very obvious reasons.
Lately I’ve really been into iridescent jewelry and I have acquired a small collection already. The headband I bought at Forever 21, the necklace and earrings come from this offbrand store I walked into while shopping in Germany. I think the decorations on the necklace look a bit like feathers, which is a nice bonus.
The little bow I put on the waist bow of the dress comes from Claire’s. Not only does it have wings, but it also compliments the iridescence of the accessories and the shoes.
Milky Swan is such a beautiful print, I keep admiring it every time I look at it. It gives off these dreamy vibes. I am so happy I own this dress!
Finally, I added a veil to the back of the dress, which also kind of reminds me a bit of swan wings. Maybe you don’t see it, but to me it really perfected this whole outfit!

So I may not have attended this year’s Tea Party, but by looking at my friends’ pictures all day and creating an outfit of my own, I feel like I was there a bit after all! I hope you like my outfit. ^^

Thank you for reading! ~☆~

12 comments:

  1. Your outfit is super gorgeous and I love how you explained your ideas! I really hope we'll be able to see you actually wearing it one day! You would definitely look amazing!

    PS. I am SO happy to see you back at blogging :) I missed reading your entries! I should try to be more active on mine too ^^'''

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ho dear you are too kind as always! ;_______;

      I'm so sorry I never published and replied to your comment! I thought no one was commenting on my blog anymore, but it turns out I just wasn't receiving any notifications. Thank you so much for your comment!

      Delete
  2. Even though I saw it on Instagram before, now I can fully appreciate the details and how everything in this outfit sparkles. Hopefully one day you will find an occasion and energy to wear this. Have you thought about what hairstyle you would wear with this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am very happy you like it! I would probably wear it with a loose but elegant updo!

      I'm so sorry I never published and replied to your comment! I thought no one was commenting on my blog anymore, but it turns out I just wasn't receiving any notifications. Thank you so much for your comment!

      Delete
  3. I love this outfit, and it seems to suit your style very nicely too. The sheer train at the make is a really nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so happy you like it! ;0;

      I'm so sorry I never published and replied to your comment! I thought no one was commenting on my blog anymore, but it turns out I just wasn't receiving any notifications. Thank you so much for your comment!

      Delete
  4. Wow! Such a gorgeous and unique outfit! I love it :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it! =D

      I'm so sorry I never published and replied to your comment! I thought no one was commenting on my blog anymore, but it turns out I just wasn't receiving any notifications. Thank you so much for your comment!

      Delete
  5. Oh my gosh that dress is one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen! The colour is so dreamy, and I love the soft clouds and I loved the blouse choice and the way the collar folds over the dress straps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it just!? *_* I love it to death! I am so happy you like the outfit! ♥

      I'm so sorry I never published and replied to your comment! I thought no one was commenting on my blog anymore, but it turns out I just wasn't receiving any notifications. Thank you so much for your comment!

      Delete
  6. That coord is absolutely gorgeous!! The blouse is perfect *u*
    And the shoes are so unique! That swan bag is an adorable touch as well

    Nice to see more Lolita blog posts~ Hope to see more from you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy you like it! ♥
      I will try my best to blog more!

      I'm so sorry I never published and replied to your comment! I thought no one was commenting on my blog anymore, but it turns out I just wasn't receiving any notifications. Thank you so much for your comment!

      Delete