Monday, December 31, 2012
Looking Back at 2012 and Happy New Year!
The year 2012 is almost over and what a year it was! So many things happened! While I browsed through the folder on my computer containing all the pictures of this year, all I could think was: ‘Oh my God, that happened this year too? Whoa!’
2012 has definitely been a great year for me in many ways. I’d like to invite you to look back onthe events of this year with me, in random order.
In 2012 I was able to buy some of my Lolita Dream Dresses: Jewelry Jelly, Milky Berry, Fantasic Dolly and more (please look forward to my next Tokyo posts)!
At the beginning of 2012, I got my very first Lolita Valentine. That moment was quite amazing to me! I had never expected people to appreciate my outfits or my personality so much. I got some more after too, whoa! There was also a secret written about my blog so I heard. It was a positive one though, but I’ve never really seen it. ^^’
In 2012 I got accepted into three conservatories! I still can’t believe it, damn! In september I started studying in Rotterdam, yaaay!
Bad things happened too in 2012. I quit my job, under nasty circumstances unfortunately. Luckily this was one of the few bad things.
In July of 2012 I went to Paris again with my mom and went to both Baby, the Stars Shine Bright’s and Angelic Pretty’s Tea Parties! I had so much fun, got to meet wonderful people, made lots of friends, met some of my idols and overly felt amazing!
In 2012, I went to Summer Darkness and wore Lolita for the first time in public in my own country! I got many positive and sweet reactions, in my own language, haha!
In 2012, I went to Tokyo for the second time with my dad and this time my mom came along too! She quickly fell in love with this wonderful place! Let’s hope she wants to go again as much as I do! ;)
In December 2012, I left the teenage years and entered the 20’s. Oh God…
In 2012, one of my darling dogs got surgery for her teeth and came out better luckily. She looks even cuter now!
I discovered and watched a lot of great movies and series in 2012 like The Hunger Games, The Hobbit and Sherlock. I so can’t wait for their sequels!
In 2012, I made a lot of new friends, all over the world! Some close to me, some living many timezones away. They are all very important to me and I am grateful I can call them my friends. ♥
Last year, I made a list of resolutions. Let’s see which happened and which didn’t.
1. Lose more weight! I wish this had come true. I haven’t lost weight, but I have been told I do look a little slimmer. I guess the gym did pay off then.
2. Wear Lolita often! This definitely came true. My Lolita folder with outfits on Facebook is filled with quite some outfits already, 95% of them being from this year. I tried to create as many different outfits as possible and only wore an outfit when I really loved it. ^^
3. Find my dream study! I made this resolution up in case I didn’t get accepted into a conservatory, but since that happened three times, I can definitely cross this one off the list! =D (I still can't believe it).
4. Feel less insecure! This resolution is a hard one. Although I feel confident when wearing Lolita (most of the time), I doubt myself very often. I try to believe in myself, but I find it so hard…
5. Go to Japan again! This came true, yaaay! I am so happy I got to show the wonderful city of Tokyo to my mom and have more adventures there! I also wore Lolita there, twice! ♥
6. Join the National Lolita Forum (and thus the Community)! I did! And I also met a lot of adorable girls too! We have quite a big community, filled with amazing people!
7. Attend the Angelic Pretty Tea Party in Paris! Yeees, this happened! I had the best time with my wonderful friends, met Maki and Asuka and wore my beautiful Star(ry) Night Theater! ♥ I also went to the the BtSSB party!
8. Stop biting my lips! Ahahaha, no. Unfortunately this did not happen. -_- I think I knew it already when I wrote this. Oh well…
9. Bake/decorate more cakes and cupcakes! I’ve made a couple of cakes, yes! My most recent one was a dark brown Christmas cake covered in candy canes and trees!
10. Take more pictures! Looking at my 2012 pictures folder, this is definitely a yes. You have no idea how terrible it is to sort out the pictures from Japan! XD
Of course there need to be new resolutions to work on too!
1. Lose more weight! Yeah, let’s keep on trying.
2. Wear Lolita often! Because I want to and love it!
3. Wear a Gothic Lolita coord! Despite my love for Sweet Lolita, I really want to try out Gothic some time! I have always loved black and before Lolita it was my most worn colour. I really wonder how it will look on me.
4. Visit my friend Emilie in Switzerland! Not really a resolution, but who cares? My parents promised me a plane ticket to Switzerland for my birthday, to visit my dear friend for a few days. I can’t wait to see my Lolita Soulmate again! ♥
5. Read more books! About two to three weeks ago I started reading the Hunger Games (in English, to get a little better at it) and it had been ages since I had been captured so much by a book! I used to love reading, but being forced to read books considered 'appropriate literature’ for school ruined everything for me. I want to get back into it!
6. Work hard for school and enter the first year! Although I love school, some subjects are very hard and very new to me. I’ll work hard to keep up the good work! ^^
7. Go to Paris again!I’ll just have to accept that I’m not being original with my resolutions this year. -_-
I’m afraid that’s all I can think of right now. I probably come up with more resolutions throughout the year. ^^ Initially I wanted to add 'Marry either Martin Freeman or Benedict Cumberbatch' to the list, but as that might be a bit impossible... ^^'
If you’d like to share your resolutions, please do! I’d love to read them. =D
I wish you all a wonderful New Year! May all your wishes come true and may 2013 be a fantastic year! ♥ HAPPY NEW YEAR! ♥