Monday, April 26, 2021

Character Inspired Flatlay Coords

I haven't been posting a lot on social media lately, not just on my blog. At the moment, I am in the final weeks of my studies and am very busy writing my thesis. Nevertheless, I wanted to post at least something on my blog in April and eventually decided on a few flatlay outfits I did a while back that were inspired by characters!
I really love it when people go to Disneyland in character-inspired outfits. Did you know this exists? It's called Disneybounding and I really recommend browsing the tag on Instagram for hours of inspiring fun!
I ended up creating three Disney character-inspired outfits myself and one Sanrio! As expected, three out of four are very pink and cutesy. XD Let's have a look!
This first outfit was posted on November 11th 2020 and was inspired by Marie of the Aristocats. I love pink and white color schemes, so I had quite some fun with this outfit, as it's Marie's signature colors! I decided on this cute, long-sleeved blouse and added a pink bow, as Marie always wears a big bow around her neck, which resulted in this cute, preppy look. I also incorporated my Disneyland Marie ears for obvious reasons and fluffy earrings as I am sure Marie is very fluffy and soft herself. :3

This outfit was posted on December 8th 2020 and was inspired by My Melody. My Melody means pink to me, so I went with a mostly pink outfit. I chose Angelic Pretty's Fancy Paper Dolls JSK as a base as it has bunnies and even though they don't really look like My Melody, the idea is still cute. This character is often depicted surrounded by roses, so I added several rose accessories to this outfit and borrowed my mom's My Melody bag (which is also covered in roses). I chose my My Melody headband obviously and added a cute My Melody mirror as a cute touch.

This outfit was posted on December 16th 2020 and was inspired by Minnie Mouse. Usually Minnie is depicted in her signature red dress, but when I found this fancy gold version of her I decided to try to give my own spin on it. I don't have a gold dress myself, so I went with black and many gold accessories. I also kept the original polkadots! I even added a parasol. Somehow looking at this outfit makes me really happy!

This last outfit was posted on December 23rd 2020 and was inspired by Shelly May. Shelly May is one of the Disney Sea characters. She doesn't really have a signature outfit, so I went with something simple and cozy. I don't often incoporate the color brown into outfits, but I ended up really liking this. Even though the outfit itself is not necessarily recognizable as Shelly May, the headband is, so I think I succeeded after all. ^^

Have you ever created coord based on characters? Do tell me about it!

Thank you for reading! ~☆~

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, these are all so cute! I think the Minnie Mouse one and Marie are my favourites, they're so full of character (pun intended).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TERRIBLY LATE RESPONSE: Thank you so much dear, I am glad you like my attempts! And love the pun. XD

      Delete
  2. These outfits are all super cute! I've never tried Disneybounding but now I'm tempted...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TERRIBLY LATE RESPONSE: Aaah, I hope you try it!

      Delete